Peer Mentors help new students navigate the process of registering for classes and adjusting to college life.
Peer Mentor positions are open to all Penn State Beaver students. Questions and or concerns may be addressed to Student Engagement Coordinator Romina Vidal Martinez at [email protected].
Previous Peer Mentors who are looking to take on more responsibilities may contact Romina Vidal Martinez to find out about additional leadership positions that may be available.
- Serve as a resource for new students for all of academic year.
- Connect new students to campus resources and build community.
- Promote social and academic success among new students.
- Assist with Move-In and Welcome Week activities.
- Collaborate with fellow Peer Mentors on a variety of initiatives to engage new students.
- Serve as an in-class mentor for the First Year Seminar course.
- Meet with first-year students regularly.
- Plan & host events for first-year students during the Fall 2022 semester
- Be a returning, full-time Penn State Beaver student enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Take Higher Ed 302 Course Spring 2022.
- Be available to take part in training. Dates to be announced.
- Be in good academic and judicial standing with the University. (CGPA of 2.5+)
- Be available for 5-7 hours each week Fall 2022 semester.
- Recommendation letter from a Penn State Beaver faculty or staff member required. When filling out the application, you will need to provide the name of the person writing your recommendation.
What’s in it for you?
- Penn State gear
- Early move-in for resident students in August 2022
- Letter of recommendation at end of academic year, if desired.
- Valuable experience to add to your resume.