Each spring, the Student Government Association honors students, staff, and faculty at the annual awards ceremony. The 2019-2020 Awards Ceremony will be held on Friday, March 27, 2020. Awards applications will be open Monday, February 3, through Tuesday, February 18.
Student Life Leadership Award
Up to six Student Life Leadership Awards are presented annually to Penn State Beaver students who demonstrate outstanding leadership in the area of student activities, student organizations, and community service. This award is open to all full-time students.
The nominee should demonstrate:
- Leadership in student activities and programming.
- Creativity towards programming and co-curricular activities.
- Dedication to the betterment of student life through involvement in co-curricular activities and programming.
- Exemplary leadership through service to the campus and/or the community.
Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
This award is given to one academic advisor each year. The nominee should:
- Be accessible and available to support students.
- Serve as a resource for questions students may have about academic programs, classes, and academic support.
- Refer students to additional resources and information if necessary.
- Be familiar with relevant academics programs, classes, and resources.
Outstanding Student Organization Advisor
This award is given to one organization advisor each year. The nominee should:
- Be accessible and available to organization members.
- Act as a resource and guide for the organization.
- Support the organization.
- Attend meetings and events.
- Be dedicated to serving the student organization.
Community Service Award
The purpose of this award is to honor a club or organization that engaged in outstanding community service activities on behalf of Penn State Beaver. Any faculty, staff, or student may nominate a club or organization for this award. Clubs and organizations may nominate themselves.