Digital Signs are displayed on television screens all over campus to announce upcoming events or campus news. An individual sign is one slide of a PowerPoint presentation. Any group, club, or organization can submit a slide.
Digital Slides Must:
- Be created in – and saved as – a PowerPoint presentation (not a picture or PDF)
- Use the Widescreen (16:9) setting.
- Use Times New Roman, Ariel or Calibri fonts only.
- Use the fewest words possible to describe your event. Time, date, location and catchy headline are typically enough.
- Promote one event at a time. When advertising multiple events (BeaverFest, Speaker Series), use individuals slides for each event rather than one slide to promote many.
- Be submitted to Billie Brown ([email protected]) by 5 p.m. on Thursday.
- Bold colors look best.
- Photographs draw attention.
- Some changes may occur to a sign if it isn’t legible or doesn’t follow the guidelines.
- The time, date, and location of an event should be apparent on the slide.
- Dates need to include day of the week and be typed like this: Tuesday, June 9.
- Times should be typed like this: 12:00 p.m.