The following course is offered through a partnership with New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.
The synchronous, online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program and allows students to complete certification requirements faster than traditional Six Sigma and Lean training programs.
Who should attend
This accelerated five-day course is designed for business professionals with a college degree or those who have significant experience in business operations. Also invited to attend, are students who have completed a Green Belt program.
1. Lean Six Sigma Overview
- Review Lean Six Sigma
- DMAIC model
- Black Belt roles and responsibilities
2. Lean Six Sigma Leadership
- Stakeholder management
- Tollgate reviews
- Leading teams
- Change management
- Project selection strategies
3. Measure Phase
- Introduction to SPC XL software
- Measurement systems analysis
- Sampling strategies and calculations
- Process capability; DPMO calculations
- Rolled throughput yield
- Charts: Histogram, pareto, box plot, and scatter plot
- Lean metrics
4. Analyze Phase
- Generating root cause hypothesis
- Validating hypothesis
- Scientific method and P-Values
- Statistical testing: T-Tests, ANOVA
- Statistical testing: Proportion tests, Chi-Square
- Statistical testing: Correlation and regression
5. Improve Phase
- Lean Solution concepts
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Capturing improvement data
6. Control Phase
- Statistical process control
- Control charts: C Chart, P Chart, X-bar & R Chart
- Project communication and replication
7. Black Belt Test
Register for both Green Belt and Black Belt for a discounted total of $6,000.
Multiple start dates are available. For additional information, including scheduling and registration, please contact Jill Valentine at 724-773-3765 or [email protected]
Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act
Penn State Beaver provides training to eligible individuals under the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act. Students may qualify for financial assistance if he or she is unemployed, underemployed or a dislocated worker. Please contact your local Pennsylvania CareerLink office to determine your eligibility. For more information on Penn State Beaver’s approved training programs, please contact Jill Valentine at 724-773-3765 or [email protected]
For more information or to register by phone, please contact Jill Valentine at [email protected] or call 724-773-3765.
Cancellations and refunds
Payment is due upon registration. Students may request a registration cancellation through the start date of the course. A $25 cancellation fee will apply. No refunds will be given for withdrawal requests after the course start date. The University reserves the right to cancel course selections. If the course is cancelled, the student will be issued a full refund.