Welcome to Penn State Beaver! Throughout the next few months, you will receive various correspondence from our staff preparing you for a smooth transition to Penn State University. Make sure you read all email messages and respond as necessary.
Here are some steps to help you prepare for your arrival at Penn State Beaver. We'll provide specific dates when they become available.
Get your visa
To obtain your visa, complete all pre-arrival processes, including providing your financial guarantee, requesting an I-20, paying the SEVIS fee, and applying for your student visa.
We know one of the more challenging steps is obtaining your visa and other documentation. Do not worry. We have our own Pre-Arrival team that will be able to answer any of your questions or concerns regarding your documentation. Please e-mail our team at [email protected] or Telephone: +1-814-865-6348 Option 1.
Make housing arrangements
If you want to live in our on-campus residence hall during the academic year, you must request a housing contract as soon as possible. A limited number of housing contracts are available.
The Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract is a legally binding document, obligating the student to on-campus living once it is accepted. A student agrees to these Terms, Conditions, and Regulations (TCRs), as well as the HFS Contract legal terms/signing statements, when accepting the HFS Contract.
Make travel plans
After you have obtained your documentation, you will want to book your airline ticket to arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT). Details and specific dates will be coming soon.
Pittsburgh International Airport is about 17 miles (27 kilometers) from Penn State Beaver.
Fulfill health care requirements
The following requirements are mandatory:
- Print out the Immunization Verification Form and take it to your health care provider for completion before you arrive to the United States.
- Upload your completed Immunization Verification Form at myUHS and complete the steps listed on the Immunizations Overview page.
- Purchase the mandatory Penn State health insurance plan from First Student. Learn more about International Health Insurance requirements.
- Translate your medical records, immunization records, and prescription information into English and bring them with you.
Details coming soon.
Begin online document check-in
Details coming soon.
Prepare for life at your new home
Find out more about the area:
Other helpful advice
- Keep your passport, I-20 or DS-2019, money and other valuables with you at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with the United States arrival process.
- If your airline loses your luggage, complete a lost luggage report at the airport of your final airport destination with the local address where it should be delivered.
If you have any questions or concerns after you have obtained your documentation, be sure to contact Johnny Marcolini, International Student Adviser/Global Education Coordinator, at [email protected] or +1-724-773-3963.
See you soon!