Penn State Beaver encourages virtual visits and virtual appointments with an admissions counselor whenever possible, for the safety of our prospective students and guests, as well as our students, faculty, and staff.
Virtual visits allow students and families to meet with an admissions staffer via Zoom to learn more about the campus’ offerings and to get questions answered in a small-group setting.
We are pleased to offer limited on-campus visits each weekday and on select Saturdays for students who have been offered admission for this summer or fall. Only high school seniors or adult learners with an offer of admission are currently eligible for a visit.
Times and details
Visits are available at the following times:
- Mondays: 10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 9:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
Registration is required, and participants must agree to follow all safety protocols as required by Penn State. All students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
The campus visit will include a short presentation and a campus tour. Upon request, student-athletes will be able to meet with an athletics representative if available. Participants must agree to follow all safety protocols outlined in the Visit Requirements below, and students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Preparing for your campus visit
- Directions to campus: Penn State Beaver is located at 100 University Drive, Monaca, Pa. We’re located along Interstate 376 and close to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, just 20 minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport and 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.
- When you arrive on campus: Please follow the signs to Visitor Parking and park in or near the Visitor Parking spaces. Parking is free and a permit is not required. Go to the lobby of the Ross Administration Building to check-in. Please plan to arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before your scheduled visit.
- Canceling your visit: You may cancel or reschedule your visit online by clicking on the Edit my Registration button at the bottom of your confirmation email. If your event is within 24 hours, please call our office at 724-773-3800 to cancel or reschedule.
- You must complete a Campus Visit Acknowledgement form and bring it with you on the day of your visit. For registrants under the age of 18, the form must be signed by the parent/guardian who will accompany you.
- All visitors, students, and staff are required to wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose and to maintain social distancing while on campus. If you or anyone in your party are unable to wear a face mask, we are happy to accommodate you at a virtual visit.
- Guests may participate in visits or tours with other families. Penn State Beaver will ensure that guest safety requirements are strictly enforced.
- Any student under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All guests must be listed on the registration form. No more than two guests may accompany the student.
- If you or anyone in your party becomes ill, you must call our office at 724-773-3800 to cancel your visit. We will be happy to reschedule it for a later date.
- Penn State may postpone or cancel your visit for any reason for the safety of our guests, students, and staff. You will be notified if your visit is canceled.
Transfer student visits
Virtual and on-campus visits are also available for transfer students. See Transfer Visits for dates, times, and more information.