Welcome Day is Friday, August 18, 2023.
Welcome Day, held the Friday before classes start in the fall, is dedicated to bringing you together with other new students to kick off your Penn State journey. The program helps prepare you for the academic challenges that lie ahead, while sharing resources to enhance your success as a new Penn State student.
Welcome Day Schedule
- 1:00 - 1:30 p.m.: Registration - QUAD (outside center of campus)
- 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.: Kickoff - SUB Auditorium
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.: Speaker "Backpack Jeff" - SUB Auditorium
- 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.: Team Building/Photo Scavenger Hunt
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.: First-Year Seminar meetings - Locations vary by assignment
- 4:30 - 5:00 p.m.: Academic advisor meetings - Locations vary by assignment
- 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.: Campfire Social - Behind Harmony Hall. Event will include DJ and yard games.
Please wear comfortable clothing and athletic shoes as students will be participating in a the Photo Scavenger Hunt which will required students to walk around campus. Water bottles are recommended. There are hydration stations located throughout campus. In case of rain, ponchos will be provided, but you may also bring an umbrella.
Before you start classes on Monday, August 21, 2023
All incoming undergraduate students must submit proof of immunizations prior to their arrival on campus. More information can be found on the immunization web page.
During the first week of August, the bookstore has textbooks for your courses. This is the time to get your books without dealing with crowds. Make buying your textbooks easy by using psubeaver.bncollege.com.
Fill out the parking permit application so you can park your car on campus.
Parking permits can be picked up in Ross Administration Building, Room 101 beginning Friday, August 18 provided that the online form was filled out at least two business days prior.