We're excited you'll be joining the Penn State Beaver community! You likely have already attended an orientation program at your previous institution, so New Student Orientation (NSO) is not required for transfer students. But we will be inviting you to our Welcome Workshop in early January to help you become familiar with the many resources available to you at Penn State Beaver.
Prior to attending the Welcome Workshop, you will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with an academic adviser to learn about majors and careers, review your transfer credits, and schedule your classes. It is important that you schedule your classes at your earliest opportunity.
Transfer student checklist
- If you've just been accepted to Penn State, congratulations! Be sure to accept your admission offer.
- Check your email regularly. We'll reach out using the email address provided on your admissions application.
- Check your NSO task list in November. The NSO task list is a comprehensive list of all the action items you must complete before starting at Penn State Beaver. Expect an email starting in early November letting you know you have access.
- Make your reservation in the orientation system. You will be notified by email when the reservation system opens. When it does, select the event titled "Beaver Transfer Student Orientation." You'll receive a confirmation email with your next steps.
- Meet with an academic adviser to schedule classes. Contact our advising office at [email protected] or 724-773-3789 to schedule your advising appointment.
- Attend the Welcome Workshop in early January. You will learn about being a Penn Stater, connect with resources to support you, meet other students and pick up your photo ID.