The camp staff wants your week to be filled with exciting experiences, new friendships and fun. For this to happen, the campers must be considerate of others, participate fully in the camp program, observe camp rules, and respect the camp staff and facilities. Those that do not follow the camp guidelines may face immediate dismissal from camp and fees will be forfeited. A parent/guardian will be notified immediately and will be expected to pick up the camper.
- Children are expected to be respectful and courteous to one another, instructors/coaches, and all staff members.
- Campers are to be contained in designated areas ONLY (athletic fields, public spaces, academic buildings); no running around campus or excessive noise. Campers are restricted from certain areas of the facilities (storage rooms, equipment rooms, athletic training rooms, staff/faculty offices).
- Campers are to report on time to all scheduled activities.
- Participants are required to participate in all scheduled activities. Only a camp staff member may grant permission to be excused.
- Courteous and respectful behavior is expected at all times to all camp staff and participants.
- Campers are not permitted to leave the activity areas or go off campus unless accompanied or granted special permission by a camp staff member.
- Misuse or damage of University property is unacceptable. Charges will be assessed against participants responsible for damage or missing University property.
- Cell phones may not be used or on during class or special sessions.
- No running around campus or excessive noise.
- No heelies allowed during camp.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and Penn State University have issued rules relating to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a condition of your child’s participation in Penn State Beaver Youth Programs, you must comply with CDC guidelines.
- My child will not participate in the program if, in the 14 days prior to the program start date, he or she:
- experiences any symptoms of illness that could be associated with COVID-19, including, but not limited to, fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- has been in close and/or direct contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, including, but not limited to, a family member, close friend, or relative
- has been in close and/or direct contact with anyone who is awaiting result of a COVID-19 test, including but not limited to, a family member, close friend or relative
- has been in close and/or direct contact with anyone who is experiencing symptoms of illness associated with COVID-19, including, but not limited to, fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- My child will follow rules and precautions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 during program participation, including:
- staying home when sick
- wearing a face mask
- avoiding close contact with other individuals (maintain social distancing of at least six feet, not handshaking, etc.)
- washing hands often for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap
- avoiding touching face and eyes with his or her hands
- avoiding sharing tools, phones, and other objects (items which must be shared are to be immediately cleaned after each use)
- If, during program participation, my child develops symptoms of illness, or is exposed by direct or close contact to anyone who (a) has been diagnosed with COVID-19, (b) is awaiting results of a COVID-19 test, or (c) has symptoms associated with COVID-19, including, but not limited to, fever, cough, or shortness of breath, I agree to comply with all COVID-19 isolation and quarantine protocols issued by the CDC and/or the Pennsylvania Department of Health.