What is my Penn State user ID?
You must obtain an Access Account user ID and password (often referred to as your email address and password) before using any Penn State computing resources.
Please take a moment to review the following important information:
- Your user ID is unique and is used to give you access to many of Penn State's services, including email.
- Your user ID is assigned to you when you register as a student and is usually a string of characters containing your initials and three or four numbers, i.e. abc123. Your user ID does not include @psu.edu.
- Your email address is a combination of your user ID and @psu.edu.
- Your password will not change unless you want or need it to. The University has numerous policies regarding use of your user ID and password, and it's important to know them.
- NEVER share your password with anyone.
How do I activate my user ID?
In order to receive email, use Canvas, log into lab computers, and use other University computer services, you must first activate your account. Go to Penn State Accounts for more information.