The Media Commons is a University-wide initiative designed to enrich students' academic lives by creating digital content for their coursework. The Media Commons provides all Penn State locations with common sets of computing tools, support materials, and opportunities to create digital media of all kinds. The Media Commons also helps to educate faculty, staff, and students about the appropriate uses of digital media.
- One Button Studio at Beaver campus
- Room 101, Michael Baker Building
- Available 24 hours a day with card swipe access
- Reserve the One Button Studio
- Media Commons editing stations
- Library and Room 101 Michael Baker Building
- Library stations are open during regular library hours
Frequently asked questions
Where can I borrow a video camera or still camera for a project?
Digital video and still cameras, as well as wireless microphones, are available to be signed out for up to two weeks at a time. Please visit the library to sign out equipment.
I need help! Where should I go?
There are a number of ways to get help with Media Commons projects:
- How-to manuals are provided in each editing suite.
- Visit the Media Commons website at http://mediacommons.psu.edu/ to chat with a Media Commons consultant or to access "How-To" documents and video tutorials.
- Call the Media Commons Hotline (toll free): 866-266-7496
- Email the Media Commons staff: [email protected]
How can I learn more about Media Commons?
Visit http://mediacommons.psu.edu/ for information about equipment use, software, and much more.