What is my Penn State user ID?
You must obtain an ACCESS ACCOUNT user ID and password (often referred to as your email name and password) before using any Penn State computing resources.
Please take a moment to review the following important information:
- Your user ID is unique and is used to give you access to many Penn State services, including email.
- Your user ID is assigned to you when you register as a student and is usually a string of characters containing your initials and three or four numbers, i.e. abc123. Your user ID does not include @psu.edu.
- Your email address is a combination of your user ID and @psu.edu.
- Your password will not change unless you want or need to change it. If so, you must do this immediately. The University has numerous policies regarding use of our user ID and password, and it's important to know them.
- NEVER share your password with anyone.
Is wireless Internet access available at Penn State Beaver?
Yes, wireless connectivity is available on campus by visiting Penn State Beaver wireless.
I'm a new to PSU. How do I activate my PSU Access Account?
In order to start receiving email, using Canvas, logging into lab computers, and using the other University computer services, you must first activate your account. You should only have to do this once, when you first join PSU. Go to Penn State Accounts for more information.
Where can I go for help with computer-related problems?
Contact the Penn State Beaver Help Desk (located in 101 LCB), 724-773-3830.
Can I purchase technology products, i.e. computers, software, PDAs, etc. through Penn State?
A list of available software can be found at software.psu.edu. Computer hardware and peripherals are not offered.
Can I connect to the Internet from my room in Harmony Hall?
Yes. Go to rescom.psu.edu/getting-connected for information.
Where do I go to manage my lab printing on campus?
Each Penn State Beaver student is allotted 175 printed pages per semester. Any printing beyond that carries a charge of 5 cents per black and white page and 15 cents per color page. Printing is tracked using the student’s computer login.
A comprehensive guide and links to print management can be found at my.labs.psu.edu.
For additional computer-related assistance, please contact the Penn State Beaver Help Desk (located in 101 LCB), or call 724-773-3830.