If you are experiencing a serious or life-threatening medical emergency, dial 911.
Automated External Defibrillators make it possible for more people to respond to a medical emergency where defibrillation is required. AEDs are portable and can be used by non-medical personnel. AED training can be included in emergency response programs that also include rapid use of 911 and prompt delivery of CPR. All three of these activities are critical to improving survival rates during or following cardiac arrest.
AEDs are safe for use by anyone who has been trained properly. The training is often included in CPR certification and is valid for two years.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located at the following campus locations:
- Gymnasium (Wellness Center Desk)
- Library (Circulation Counter)
- Laboratory Classroom Building (Main Floor by Auditorium Classroom)
- Health Service Center (104 Ross Admin. Building)
- Penn State Beaver Police Cruiser