Penn State Beaver students will enter the Lion’s Den for a competition to pitch their ideas for a campus improvement project.
Sixty-three teams of students submitted their project ideas for a new business or a campus improvement. The finalists have been selected. The campus improvement finalists will make their final pitches to a panel of judges at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 12 in the SUB Lodge.
The business idea finalists will be judged by a separate panel at a different date.
The campus idea finalists are:
- Free textbooks Library — Eva Pratte and Nicholas Handley
- Charging stations in Library — Grant Martin and Kelton Docchio
- Self-defense class on campus — Malaina Patton
- Step and pull bathroom doors — David Glitsch and Andrew Norton
- Annual student art competition — Taylor Smith and Dominic Marchionda
- Clothes exchange fair on campus — Jane Park
- Jukebox in Bistro — Meghan Parrish and Paige Suhayda
- Hammocks around campus —Dan Wojtowicz and Brandon Sell
- Duck pond recreational area — Hanna Mellor
- Punching bag at the gym — Nikki Chin
The business idea finalists are:
- Car detailing service in parking lots— Daniel Cestra and Alex Young
- Broadcasting service for school sports — Rocco Scipione and Jacob Gartley
- Exercise bike that generates power — Brad Sawhill and Kevin Rice
All students who submitted an idea will receive a T-shirt. They can be picked up during Common Hour on Nov. 8 in SUB 14. Finalists will meet at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 5 in MBB 107. All finalists also will receive a hoodie at the pitch event.