Financial Aid FAQ

Financial Aid FAQ

I have not received a bill for the upcoming semester. What should I do?

Penn State no longer mails bills to students' homes. Students can view, print, and pay their bills on LionPATH. Parents can also obtain a Friends of Penn State account and, with permission from the student, they may obtain access to the student's bill via the Parent login to LionPATH.

How much does it cost to attend Penn State Beaver?

Penn State offers an excellent value for a quality education with a worldwide reputation for excellence. The University establishes tuition rates and fees for all students annually in July. To calculate the most accurate tuition, consult the online Tuition Calculator.    

How can I find out if I’m eligible for financial aid?

To be considered for student aid, all Penn State students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. This is the only financial aid application required by Penn State.

What is Penn State Beaver’s Federal School Code Number?

Penn State Beaver's Federal School Code Number is 003329. This is the same code used throughout the University, and is listed on the application as Penn State University Park. Don't worry, though, this number is correct. All financial aid is processed centrally through the Office of Student Aid at University Park.

What is the deadline for applying for financial aid?

Penn State recommends that returning students file their FAFSAs for the following academic year as early as possible, starting October 1, and no later than April 15, of the following year. Keep in mind that many student aid sources, especially University funds, have limited funding and are awarded to eligible students on a first come, first served basis. Waiting to file the FAFSA may mean you will not be awarded funding for which you would otherwise qualify because the available funds have run out.

If we own a house in Pennsylvania, are we eligible for Pennsylvania residency?

To qualify for in-state tuition, your family must reside in Pennsylvania, but owning a house in Pennsylvania alone does not qualify a student for the state residency tuition. To change your child's status from out-of-state to in-state student, you will need proof of residency, including Pennsylvania income tax and federal income tax forms for the most current year. For more information, please visit Penn State's residency page which explains how to qualify as a Pennsylvania resident.

What if I cannot pay my tuition bill by the due date?

Penn State offers a Deferred Payment Plan that allows you the convenience of splitting your tuition bill into three payments. Instructions for the Deferred Payment Plan appear on the semester bill. A $45 fee per semester is required.