Where to stay when Harmony Hall is closed

Where to stay when Harmony Hall is closed

Harmony Hall and the Brodhead Bistro are closed during fall break and spring break as well as the holidays between fall and spring semesters. During these closings, students must find alternative accommodations.

Penn State is not responsible for finding alternative accommodations for students during these breaks but, if necessary, we can help them find a place to stay. For information or assistance about any of the options below, contact the Office of Residence Life, 724-773-3959

For students who are unable to return to their homes, there are several alternatives available.

Go home with a friend or roommate

Some students who can't travel home for breaks have the opportunity to stay with their friends during these closings. Please note that Penn State is not responsible for making these arrangements for you. You and your friend(s) must plan this together.

Travel and/or stay in a hotel

Some students like to travel during campus closings and/or stay in an area hotel. Please note that students are responsible for paying for all of their own travel expenses.

Stay with a host family

Penn State Beaver is a member of Global Pittsburgh, http://globalpittsburgh.net/about, a nonprofit organization that helps to connect international students in and around the Pittsburgh area. This program provides a variety of opportunities, one of which is finding a host family for you to meet and/or to live with temporarily. There is a fee associated with this service, but it's significantly lower than expenses you would incur if you stayed in a hotel.