The following course is offered through a partnership with New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.
The synchronous, online Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program allows students to complete certification requirements faster than traditional Six Sigma and Lean training programs.
This accelerated four-day, 32.5 hour course, combined with a Green Belt test and demonstrable application of the tools, will lead to Green Belt certification.
1. Lean Six Sigma Introduction
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Overview of Lean Six Sigma principles and terminology
- Roles and responsibilities in a Lean Six Sigma organization
- Value Stream Maps
- 7 wastes
- Project selection
2. Define Phase
- Voice of customer
- Project charter
- Process mapping (high level and detailed mapping)
3. Measure Phase
- Selecting measures: Y=(f)x
- Data collection planning
- Baseline data collection
- Basic Statistics
4. Analyze Phase
- Process analysis (non-value add vs. value add)
- Graphical analysis
- Determining root cause
5. Improve Phase
- Lean Solution Concepts: Standard Work, Batch Size Reduction, Work Cells, Kanban, Pull Systems and Kaizen Events
- Brainstorming solutions to address root cause
- Solution selection, pilot and implementation
- Improvement data capture
6. Control Phase
- Monitoring, revision and response plans
- Mistake proofing and visual management
7. Green Belt Test
- Date: Courses offered on a rolling basis. Please contact Jill Valentine at [email protected] for specific dates.
- Cost: $2,499 for the Green Belt or a total price of $5,000 if registering for both Green and Black Belt
- Register for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt here.
Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act
Penn State Beaver provides training to eligible individuals under the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act. Students may qualify for financial assistance if he or she is unemployed, underemployed or a dislocated worker. Please contact your local Pennsylvania CareerLink office to determine your eligibility. For more information on Penn State Beaver’s approved training programs, please contact Jill Valentine at 724-773-3765 or [email protected]
For more information or to register by phone, please contact Jill Valentine at [email protected] or call 724-773-3765.
Cancellations and refunds
Payment is due upon registration. Students may request a registration cancellation through the start date of the course. A $25 cancellation fee will apply. No refunds will be given for withdrawal requests after the course start date. The University reserves the right to cancel course selections. If the course is cancelled, the student will be issued a full refund.