NURS 417 Family and Community Health Concepts
NURS 475 Clinical Capstone
Offered Tuesday evenings, 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Please note the following
- If you miss a course in the sequence, you have the option of registering for the course when it is offered at Penn State Shenango, which is approximately 50 miles north of Penn State Beaver.
- Most students take two courses per semester, although they may progress at a faster rate.
- Most students will bring in at least 24 credits of nursing prerequisite course work, which could be in psychology, microbiology, anatomy, physiology, human growth and development, English, nutrition, or others.
- We award 33 credits of advanced standing in nursing to recognize the basic nursing education.
- We accept the transfer of college credits from an accredited institution as long as the student has achieved a grade of C or better in each course. Credits are applied to the degree whenever possible.
- The time needed to complete the 120-credit degree will depend on the student's previous college work. Most students complete nursing courses in four semesters, then choose to take general education courses in the summer and/or during one or two additional semesters.