The following course is offered through a partnership with New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
The synchronous, online Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program and allows students to complete certification requirements faster than traditional Six Sigma and Lean training programs.
This accelerated three-day course, combined with a Green Belt test and demonstrable application of the tools, will lead to Green Belt certification.
1 - Lean Six Sigma Introduction
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Overview Lean Six Sigma Principles & Terminology
- Roles and Responsibilities in a Lean Six Sigma Organization
- Value Stream Maps
- 7 Wastes
- Project Selection
2 - Define Phase
- Voice of Customer
- Project Charter
- Process Mapping (high level and detailed mapping)
3 - Measure Phase
- Selecting Measures: Y=(f)x
- Data Collection Planning
- Baseline Data Collection
- Basic Statistics
4 - Analyze Phase
- Process Analysis (Non-Value Add vs. Value Add)
- Graphical Analysis
- Determining Root Cause
5 - Improve Phase
- Lean Solution Concepts: Standard Work, Batch Size Reduction, Work Cells, Kanban, Pull Systems and Kaizen Events
- Brainstorming Solutions to Address Root Cause
- Solution Selection, Pilot and Implementation
- Improvement Data Capture
6 - Control Phase
- Monitoring, Revision and Response Plans
- Mistake Proofing and Visual Management
7 - Green Belt Test
Date and Time: Monday through Wednesday, May 1-3, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Additional dates are available and may be chosen during the registration process.)
Cost: $2,095 or $1,874 if registering for both Green and Black Belt **
* Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act: Penn State Beaver provides training to eligible individuals under the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act. Students may qualify for financial assistance if he or she is unemployed, underemployed or a dislocated worker. Please contact your local Pennsylvania CareerLink office to determine your eligibility. For more information on Penn State Beaver’s approved training programs, please contact Jill Valentine at 724-773-3765 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Cancellations and Refunds
Payment is due upon registration. Registration cancellations with a full refund will be accepted until one week prior to the first class. After that, the individual may be held responsible for registration and fees. The University may cancel or postpone any course or activity because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.