Penn State Beaver offers a variety of health education programs in diverse areas, including nutrition, wellness, sexual health, and avoidance of substance abuse. Students are strongly encouraged to learn how to establish positive, lifelong health habits. There is no fee to see Nurse Barbara Kugel.
Dr. Mitchell Pfeiffer, the consulting physician, is available from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on two Wednesdays every month. A $15 fee is charged to a student's account for a physician consultation. To learn the dates when the doctor is available, please visit the Health Center.
New Immunization Requirements
Immunizations offer safe and effective protection from vaccine-preventable diseases. The United States is experiencing re-emergence of these diseases, in part due to factors such as non-immunized and under-immunized persons and global travel. University Health Services of the Pennsylvania State University strongly supports the use of vaccines to protect the health of our individual students and our campus community.
For additional immunization information and submission requirements, go to: http://studentaffairs.psu.edu/health/immunizations/imm_submission.shtml
- Penn State Beaver Health Services assures that all health care providers and supporting health services staff adhere to the professional practice of patient confidentiality, privacy, dignity, and informed consent.
- If parents or guardians wish to obtain information about their child's medical records, the Health Center will release information only when appropriate written authorization has been obtained from the student.
- Copies of medical records are mailed for free when sent to other health care providers or institutions. Fees are charged for all other types of requests.
- To request records, please place your request five days in advance to allow for processing time.
- Assessment, evaluation, and treatment of short-term illness or injury
- Consultation for health concerns
- Emergency care for injuries on campus
- Referrals to physician(s), hospital, emergency room, or community agency, as necessary and appropriate
- Health screenings for blood pressure, height, and weight
- First aid and emergency care
- Emergency, on-campus transportation to Health Services
- Resource center for health information and literature
- Health education opportunities though wellness initiatives, awareness programs, and the annual Penn State Beaver Health Fair
- Maintenance of confidential student health records
- Compliance with local and state health department's rules and regulations
- Physical examinations for driver's license, employment, and athletics