Designed for entry-level, non-diabetes clinicians to help them work with diabetes patients
- Overview of diabetes facts
- Demonstration of proper procedure for insulin administration
- Complete competency for insulin administration
- Demonstration of proper procedure for blood glucose monitoring
- Complete competency for blood glucose monitoring
- Demonstrations for administering medication, oral and injected
- A certificate will be awarded upon satisfactory demonstration and completion of training objectives, competencies, and methods of this course.
Our faculty member is a Penn State-approved registered nurse and diabetes certified instructor.
- Participants earn .7 continuing education units
- Diabetes certification upon satisfactory completion of program